First Week Reflections
- Despite the fact that the textbook cost and arm and a leg to purchase, Federal Taxes is a pretty interesting course.
- Scheduling two accounting classes right after one another wasn’t a very smart idea.
- Come to think of it, neither was scheduling 4 classes in a row with no break on Tuesdays.
- Working in the Financial Operations department is a little less exciting than I expected it to be, but I’m learning a heck of a lot about purchasing and accounts payable.
- Why in the world am I doing an honors project for an IT class?
It’s going to be a busy semester, but I am extremely excited to be back for my junior year!
Hi there - are you aiming to get you CPA or Masters or just getting a Bachelors in Accounting? Also what made you choose communications? Really curious as i just switched to accounting :)
Hi! Honestly, I don’t know yet whether I want to go for my CPA or my master’s degree. I do know that I want to do more than just my bachelor’s. I’m hoping that internships & jobs will help me decide whether I prefer to work in public or private accounting, which would then help me decide which higher degree/certification I need.
As for minoring in business communications, I chose that because I think that everyone can always improve their communication skills! 😊